Benjy Portnoy, founder of Austin-based media company, Mouthpiece Media, is producing a 2-hour, all-inclusive class for small business owners on how to build and maintain their own website.
The seminar has the business owner in mind who knows they need a great website, but don’t want to bother with confusing coding or anything difficult to update. Instead the class will focus on how to build and maintain a site in WordPress, a simple-yet-powerful and scalable system that anyone can use to create a beautiful website in no time.
The course will cover every aspect of building a basic website, including:
- Picking and registering a web address
- Choosing the right “hosting company” to put the files
- How to install WordPress in 5 minutes or less
- A custom tour of the WordPress dashboard
- How to create posts, pages, and even upload photos and videos
- How to change the entire look of your site in a single click
- Basics on how to get your site ranked in Google
- Lots more
Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2012, 1:30 pm-3:30 pm
Place: Wyndham Garden Austin & Woodward Conference Center
Only 20 spots available
More info: www.mouthpiece-media.com/wpclass